NOVA Award Nomination Instructions
This page provides instructions for nominating a construction innovation for the NOVA Award. Click the following to learn about the NOVA Award and to download and print the NOVA Award Nomination Form:
Sheet 1 - Signature Page
The CIF NOVA Award Nomination Form provides names and addresses of person(s) and/or organization(s) primarily responsible for the innovation, other sources of information, and person(s) making the nomination:
- Enter a descriptive Name of Innovation for the Process/ Method/ Technique/ Project/ Product you are nominating on line A of this page.
- Be sure to provide original signatures of people in Section B and E on this page. Your nomination cannot be reviewed without them. (Appropriate signed letters can be submitted in place of signatures on this page. Only one Nominator's signature is required.)
- If you need additional space for names and addresses you may attach additional pages for names and address information. You may attach extra pages only for this page.
Sheet 2 -Innovation Description
Attach a single (one only) 8-1/2" x 11" page that gives a succinct written description of the innovation. Do not submit more than one page of description. The Jury will see only one page for review. Put the name of the innovation at top of page. Tell us what you think is innovative about the innovation. You should include:
- What the innovation is
- Where and when it originated, has been used, and is expected to be used in the future
- Why it is innovative.
- What it changed or replaced
- If the nomination is for an innovative project, specifically identify its innovations.
Sheet 3 - Innovation Illustration
Attach a single (one only) 8 1/2" x 11" page that contains one or more photographs, drawings, tables, graphs, clauses, etc. that visually describe the innovation. Do not submit more than one page of visuals. The Jury will see only one page for review. Put the name of the innovation at top of page or otherwise identify the innovation being illustrated. If possible, enclose one set of computer files (jpg, gif, tif, or png files) and/or original prints of visuals to be exhibited on the CIF web site, www.CIF.org.
Submit Nomination by March 31 by:
Nominations by E-Mail Attachment:
- E-Mail Nomination to CIF at email@example.com.
- We accept Signature Page names and addresses as email text or Microsoft Word document, Adobe Acrobat pdf file, text file, or other file formats as email attachments, in place of Sheet 1 in printed form. In place of an original signature on the Signature Page we will accept a personal statement by email, phone, voice mail, mail, or fax.
- We accept Innovation Description text as email text or as a Microsoft Word document, Adobe Acrobat pdf file, text file, or other file formats as email attachments, in place of Sheet 2 in printed form, as long as the text will fit on a single page.
- We accept the "Innovation Illustration" visuals as computer file(s) sent as E-Mail attachments, such as a tif file, jpg file, gif file, pdf file, bmp file, Microsoft Word document, or other common file, in place of Sheet 3 in printed form, as long as the illustration(s) will fit on a single page.
Nomination by Regular/Air/Express Mail:
- Mail Nomination to:
Construction Innovation Forum, Inc.
6494 Latcha Road
Walbridge, Ohio, U.S.A. 43465
- Mail must be postmarked by March 31 and must be five sets of Sheets 1, 2, and 3 (a total of 15 pages).
- If you submit a Nomination by mail and it may spend several days in transit, please send us a fax or an e-mail describing your Nomination so we can include it in our early listings.
- If possible, enclose one set of computer files (jpg, gif, tif, or png files) and/or original prints of visuals to be exhibited on the CIF web site, www.cif.org.
Nomination by Fax
- Fax Nomination to CIF at 419-725-3079
- We accept faxed Nominations if we then receive original signatures and duplicable illustrations within a few days by other means.
- If you submit a Nomination by mail and it may spend several days in transit, please send us a fax of your Nomination so we can include it in our early listings.
If there are any questions, please contact the following:
Robert I. Carr, Ph.D., P.E., NOVA Awards Chair
Phone: 734-665-8287 Fax: 734-665-1737